Regional Director - Western Iowa
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Vice President of Operations
SUPERVISES: Facility Rehab Directors and other Blue Stone personnel as needed
The Regional Director is responsible for the efficient and profitable management of operations within assigned contracted facilities, to include fiscal management, efficiency, program development/evaluation, compliance with company policies and procedures and promotion of customer service and corporate culture. Within an assigned facility, the Area Program Manager is responsible for the direct supervision of Facility Rehab Directors and provides oversight to physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology and support staff. In addition, provides direct treatment services in area of professional discipline.
- Successful completion of an accredited Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech Language Pathology Program
- Current, valid license (or eligible for licensure) to practice therapy in Iowa
- 5 (five) years’ of clinical therapy experience including 2 (two) years’ of previous experience in a management role. (Experience in multi-facility oversight preferred.)
- Intermediate or stronger skill level in computer technology and software to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database systems (Experience with Casamba preferred.)
- Demonstrated success in communicating clearly and effectively in written, verbal and interpersonal approaches with internal and external customers.
- Ability to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Proven ability to exercise professional judgment with initiative in analyzing and executing multi-faceted problem solving.
- Consistently exhibits exceptional leadership skills with the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Proven competency in developing and maintaining professional relationships with customers, peers and reports.
- Knowledge of contract therapy service provision within the skilled nursing setting.
- Demonstrated written communication skills to: properly evaluate and document patient progress; and to develop reports, correspondence and analysis.
The Regional Director is responsible for the following in each facility supervised:
- Screenings are completed on a timely basis in accordance with Company and Customer Policies.
- Patients receive the appropriate therapy discipline(s), frequency, intensity, and duration to meet their clinical needs.
- Discharge process plans begin at admission with consideration of the objectives of patient, family, staff and physician.
- Patient, family and staff receive appropriate notification prior to discharge from rehabilitation program.
- Physician orders and certifications are signed and dated in a timely manner.
- Monthly chart audits charts are completed in each facility assigned. Results are disseminated with necessary action plans to rehab department and supervisor.
- All required documentation in each rehab department meets or exceeds federal and state standards.
- Therapy provides appropriate training to restorative staff and other caregivers with written instructions and participant signoff to ensure maximum benefit of therapy services.
- Patient specific discharge goals and patient condition utilize Rehab Low category to overlap therapy and restorative services when appropriate.
- Each rehab department assigned is staffed adequately for patient needs.
- Core staff turnover is managed to ensure that turnover rate remains below 10%.
- Effective collaboration with Director of Recruitment and Facility Rehab Director for recruiting purposes.
- Rehab training is ongoing with information derived from audits, customers and leadership feedback. New state and federal regulations are disseminated and systems modified as needed.
- Directly provide or ensure new Employee Orientation and all other company programs are delivered according to guidelines with appropriate sign-off submitted to Human Resources.
- Performance of Facility Rehab Directors’ skills are assessed on an ongoing basis with action plans developed as needed.
- Minutes on the MDS are an accurate reflection of the Therapy Service Log.
- Ensure that each Facility Rehab Director verifies completed therapy section of the MDS prior to signing for customers requesting this service.
- Successfully portray and implement organization’s purpose, culture and core values at all times.
- Manage multiple projects, priorities and complex situations to meet strict deadlines and be accountable for commitments made to internal and external customers.
- Complete facility site visits monthly or as directed by the Vice President of Operations to promote compliance, customer service; education and training; support marketing efforts and to perform facility audits.
- Completes and reviews site visit report after each monthly visit with the Facility Rehab Director and Facility Administrator and updates Vice President of Operations in weekly call.
- Accompany Facility Rehab Director at scheduled meetings with Facility Administrators each month to present the Monthly Reports including facility statistical information.
- Assist Facility Rehab Director in goal setting as needed.
- Attend and support facility marketing events, as required.
- Ongoing analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), revenue forecasts, and facility expenses. Conduct scheduled weekly review of information with individual Facility Rehab Directors and Vice President of Operations.
- Identify variances from company financial targets and collaborate with Facility Rehab Director, and/or Vice President of Operations (as needed) to implement action plan to correct trend.
- Prepare Facility Rehab Directors for Monthly Operations Reviews (MORs) and participate in MORs with the Vice President of Operations.
- The company counseling format is used to address employee issues. All issues must be reviewed with immediate supervisor prior to meeting with employee.
- Complete staff performance reviews with Facility Rehab Directors in a timely manner.
Payroll/Census/End of Month
- Validate PTO and payroll is completed and approved per company policy by Facility Rehab Director prior to submitting to Vice President of Operations.
- Ensure that Facility Rehab Directors are completing Weekly Operational Report in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Validate End of Month process is completed by Facility Rehab Director per company policy prior to submitting to Vice President of Operations.
- Verify completion of area employee expense reports per company policy.
If you have further questions about careers with Blue Stone Therapy Solutions or wish to inquire about current job listings, please contact:
Blue Stone Therapy Solutions is proud to offer the following benefits to eligible staff:
- Group Medical and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Benefit Plans (Voluntary Life, etc)
- Short-Term / Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Blue Stone University Online Continuing Education